French socialist victory is a disaster for Europe, but typical of our times
Both contestants were appalling, but France now signals the path to oblivion
It was always a case of one disastrous candidate or another. Sarkozy’s greatest achievement was to have spent much of his utterly wasted presidency under the shadow of Silvio Berlusconi. Why? Because otherwise, Sarkozy’s claim to be the Clown of Europe could not have been disputed.
Although we have no love for the euro, newly elected President Francois Hollande has also suggested he will work against the deficit reducing austerity policies that have been the only ideas holding the single currency from total collapse.
Read more on: Francois Hollande, France socialist, Sarkozy, Sarkozy loses, France, French elections, elections, Hollande euro, european union, euro, eurozone, Winner of French elections, new president of France, germany, Brussels, Brussels Francois Hollande, Greece, Hollande austerity, austerity, growth, crisis, crisis in the Eurozone, and the commentator
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Oregon woman raped after police refuse to send out response unit
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.