Only three things certain in life: death, taxes, and BBC anti-Israel bias
BBC Gaza correspondent shows prejudice towards Israel on Twitter
There are not two, but three certain things in life: death, taxes, and BBC anti-Israel bias.
Not letting the side down, BBC Gaza correspondent Jon Donnison put in a robust display this week in a twitter conversation about the escalation of violence between Gaza and southern Israel.
First, let's look at some balanced reporting: According to The Times of Israel, for example,
Since Tuesday afternoon Palestinian terror groups in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip have fired dozens of rockets and mortar shells at Southern Israel… The IDF has responded to the barrages by targeting terror cells and Hamas installations in the Gaza strip. Three Palestinians were killed in overnight airstrikes.
Similarly, Reuters reported on Wednesday that Israel killed a Hamas gunman in the second round of airstrikes on the Gaza Strip, as a response to rocket fire at its southern towns what resulted in three people being wounded.
Factual, accurate news.
Back to the Beeb's Jon Donnison who portrayed the 2-day barrage of air strikes between Southern Israel and the Gaza Strip as thus:
So far, so bad. But it gets worse. Donnison then got embroiled in a less-than-flattering conversation which took the idea of institutional bias and ran with it -- all the way into 'activist' territory it seems.
Donnison may be a busy man but he ought to at least make the time to defend his prejudices. So much for integrity, impartiality and honest reporting...
Read more on: BBC Gaza correspondent , Jon Donnison, Israel airstrikes, Israel-Palestine conflict, Hamas and Gaza, rockets from Gaza, bbc bias, bbc hamas, bbc israel, BBC Middle East coverage, and BBC anti-Israel bias
- Major incident in South London with reports of shootings and a beheading
- Saudi Arabia beheads Yemenis, displays corpses in public
- Swastika flag flies over Palestinian village
- VIDEO: BBC presenter slapped down over question of Farage's drinking and smoking habits
- MPAC Woolwich response betrays British Muslims
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
- Saudi cleric who raped and killed daughter receives small fine
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.