Further evidence of climate change department hypocrisy
The TaxPayers' Alliance's latest report show damning figures of the Department for Energy and Climate Change lavish travel lifestyle
Following our report in October detailing the Department for Energy and Climate Change’s (DECC) excessive air travel costs, The TaxPayers’ Alliance (TPA) has unveiled further details relating to the cost and type of flight class taken by members of the DECC since the beginning of 2010 and up to the end of August 2012.
The main findings of the TPA’s research are:
· The DECC has spent over £1.5 million on 3, 496 flights over the last two and a half years 2010-2011, 2011-2012, and up the end of August of the 2012-2013 financial year.
· 362 flights were taken in business class over that period at a total cost of nearly £600,000.
· 3,017 flights were taken in economy class over that period at a total cost of over £835,000.
· The DECC spent £250,000 on domestic flights over the period. 39 of these flights were taken in business class, including a £460 flight from Aberdeen to London, and two flights between Manchester and London that cost £188 each.
· Business class flights were booked between London and other UK cities such as Glasgow and Edinburgh.
· The most expensive flight was a business class booking from Cancun to London, costing £5,792. Two business class flights from London to Cape Town cost £5,396 each, while two flights to Santiago cost £5,190 each.
· One flight from London to Lisbon first class cost £500.
· DECC flights to other destinations that cost over £4,000 included: Auckland, Cape Town, Nairobi, Jakarta, Washington, New York Tokyo and Hong Kong.
· Business class flights booked between London and other cities in Europe included Budapest (£699), Madrid (£271), Cologne (£370), and Berlin (£474).
I wonder how much their flight over the cuckoo’s nest cost?
Read more on: business class travel, first class travel, domestic flights, long haul, DECC, department for energy and climate change, TaxPayers Alliance, chris huhne, how much does the uk government spend on flights, government flights, freedom of information request, taxpayer funding, taxpayer, government waste, carbon tax, charles hendry, and Greg Barker
- Love-rat MP threatens injunction over romps with aide in Mark Clarke Tory bullying scandal
- Tory bullying chief is a family friend of Tatler Tory Mark Clarke
- Newsnight: Conservative Future leadership stripped of their positions
- Is Rome next on the terror target list?
- UK Muslim population of 26 million by 2051?
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.