The Battle of Los Angeles...and meat
You'd think that with all of the problems in LA, the city council would have something more important to do than pass pointless unenforceable resolutions. You'd be wrong
The City Council San Francisco, California has a reputation for being “progressive” to the point of insanity. From attempting ban happy meals to banning circumcision, the Golden Gate city is literally overflowing with left-wing loons – and based on recent events, perhaps they’re overflowing to Los Angeles.
While city councils don’t really have the power to enforce things like “Happy Meal Bans,” alone, they are quite fond of passing utterly pointless resolutions in order to demonstrate solidarity with a cause.
Last year the Los Angeles City Council (LACC) passed a resolution against “hate speech.” (Only from Republicans of course.) Now, they’ve passed a resolution, unanimously, to encourage “Meatless Mondays.” Yes, the LACC is waging a war on beef in an effort to promote “health” and “sustainability”.
Councilwoman Jan Perry, who also tried to ban fast food in Los Angeles, told the Los Angeles Daily News that she believes this will encourage good food choices.
You would think that with all of the problems in Los Angeles, the city council would have something more important to do than pass pointless unenforceable resolutions, but clearly they do not.
What will it be next? No dessert Wednesdays?
Read the whole story here.
Read more on: Los Angeles Meatless Monday, Los Angeles, and Loony Left
- Major incident in South London with reports of shootings and a beheading
- Saudi Arabia beheads Yemenis, displays corpses in public
- Swastika flag flies over Palestinian village
- VIDEO: BBC presenter slapped down over question of Farage's drinking and smoking habits
- MPAC Woolwich response betrays British Muslims
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
- Saudi cleric who raped and killed daughter receives small fine
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.