Inequality Alert: More than twice as many Swedish men sell sex as women
Swedish men seem to sell sex both to other men and to women
They take equality seriously in Sweden, but affirmative action on prostitution? There's no suggestion this is government policy, but a recent study showing that more than double the number of 16 to 25 year-old males as compared to females sell themselves for sex certainly goes against conventional wisdom.
It is surely something that the quota obsessed, politically correct Swedes should want to address, especially as a report in the Swedish newspaper The Local noted that, "While young women almost exclusively sold sex to men, young Swedish men sold sex to both men and women."
What sort of equal opportunity employment is that? A case for the European Court of Human Rights?
The study was conducted by the Swedish Board for Youth Affairs and, the paper said, showed that, "2.1 percent of Swedish males aged 16 to 25 said they had prostituted themselves in 2012, compared to 0.8 percent of women."
- Does socialism work? A classroom experiment
- REVEALED: Claudia Lawrence ‘Mystery Man’ CCTV enhanced in cold case review
- Lanistar on course to become £1bn fintech with global expansion to European hub in Athens
- British MP caught on camera, "You look like a bloody Jew"
- Why do smart people still choose Keynes over Hayek?
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.