Blocked from following 'Comment is Free' on Twitter
In light of his recent ban from commenting on the hallowed pages of 'Comment is Free', the vendetta against Adam Levick has gone a step further...
In light of my recent ban from commenting below the line at ‘Comment is Free’, the following is quite amusing.
I’m not sure when this occurred, but the Twitter account for ‘Comment is Free’ has begun blocking “certain” people who wish to follow them. And, yes, I’m one of those so proscribed – placed on a social media equivalent of a no-fly list due to their fear, I guess, that I’ll disrupt their Tweeting harmony.
Here’s what happens when I make an attempt to be among their more than 67,000 followers
And, I’ve learned that I’m not the only Twitterer the Guardian editor who manages the account decided to exclude.
So, I’m rather curious to see how many other CiF Watchers who are active on Twitter have similarly been blocked.
Please let us know if you, too, have fallen out of favor with “The Party” and purged from the Guardian’s social media community.
This blog originally appeared on cifwatch
Read more on: Adam Levick, comment is free, Guardian, and twitter
- Major incident in South London with reports of shootings and a beheading
- Saudi Arabia beheads Yemenis, displays corpses in public
- Swastika flag flies over Palestinian village
- VIDEO: BBC presenter slapped down over question of Farage's drinking and smoking habits
- MPAC Woolwich response betrays British Muslims
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
- Saudi cleric who raped and killed daughter receives small fine
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.