Russian State TV claims Obama election not objective
The Russia Election Commission will soon publish a report into how Obama's election 'failed to meet democratic standards'
In what can only be described as throwing stones in a glass Kremlin, the Russian-state funded television channel has run a story claiming that Barack Obama's re-election 'failed to meet democratic standards'.
RT.com reports: The Russian election watchdog completed a report based on a distant monitoring of the American poll by several Russian NGOs. The document will be officially presented on the eve of Barack Obama’s inauguration scheduled for January 21.
The Central Election Commission of Russia (CEC), which is chaired by the Putin stooge and subject of ridicule, Vladimir Churov, stated that it will officially present a report on the eve of Barack Obama’s inauguration on January 21st.
But the recent Russian elections are nothing to aim for, if independent, non-state backed observers are to be believed. Forbes noted numerous incidences of voter fraud in Russia in 2011, stating that, "ballot box stuffing, vote by absentee ballots, pressure on voters, and so on and so forth distorted information from the polling station allocated among other violations so that it is easy to prove." [Translated from Russian].
So another sign of how desperate Putin is getting, that he thinks undermining the free election of the US President is going to legitimise his own incumbency? Or perhaps a worrying indication of how immoral, illegitimate leaders are now afforded the same moral high ground as those in freer Western democracies.
Read more on: Central Election Commission of Russia, vladimir churov, president obama, barack obama, vladimir putin, and russia today
- UKIP is now motivated by prejudices against foreigners, gays, and Muslims
- UKIP’s Natasha Bolter fiasco and the perils of poor background checks
- Che Guevara was no hero, he was a racist
- Australia: Tragicomic West stresses danger of "Islamophobia"
- What's with the BBC and Russell Brand? Ah the 1960s agitprop
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Oregon woman raped after police refuse to send out response unit
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.