Anti-gun hysteria sees 5 year old suspended from kindergarten for bubble gun remark
The anti-gun lobby might be losing the plot, as a little child is labelled a "terrorist threat" for threatening to shoot soap bubbles
Oh dear. I'm all in favour of a serious debate about guns in the USA. But hysterical reactions from politically correct teachers are not helping anybody.
The latest outbreak of sheer madness comes from Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania where a five year old girl was suspended from nursery school for 10 days (later reduced to two) for threatening to shoot her classmate with a plastic toy gun that fires bubbles made of liquid soap.
Her lawyer -- yes, a five year old needs a lawyer! -- is quoted by the Associated Press as saying that school district officials had called the child a "terrorist threat".
This has echoes of a case in December when a school in Maryland suspended a six year old in similarly preposterous circumstances. As the Washington Examiner explained:
"The 6-year-old, who attends Roscoe R. Nix Elementary School in Silver Spring, made a gun with his hands, pointed it at another student and said “pow,” according to Robin Ficker, the boy’s attorney. He was given a one-day suspension, with a conference on the matter planned for Jan. 2, the day students return to school from winter break."
And you thought it was the gun lobby that was bonkers...
Read more on: five year old, bubble gun, Mount Carmel Area School District, Pennsylvania, guns in the US, guns, colorado shooting, Toulouse school shooting, mayor of London and shooting, shootings, nra, pennsylvania primary, Piers Morgan and gun control, and Piers Morgan
- Major incident in South London with reports of shootings and a beheading
- Saudi Arabia beheads Yemenis, displays corpses in public
- Swastika flag flies over Palestinian village
- VIDEO: BBC presenter slapped down over question of Farage's drinking and smoking habits
- MPAC Woolwich response betrays British Muslims
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
- Saudi cleric who raped and killed daughter receives small fine
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.