Sunday Times responds to blood libel allegations
A response has finally emerged from the Sunday Times, without apology, over the cartoon from yesterday
In an e-mail sent to Greg Hands MP moments ago, from the Sunday Times:
Further to your tweet this afternoon I wanted to send you over a statement from Martin Ivens:
"The last thing I or anyone connected with the Sunday Times would countenance would be insulting the memory of the Shoah or invoking the blood libel.
The paper has long written strongly in defence of Israel and its security concerns, as have I as a columnist.
We are however reminded of the sensitivities in this area by the reaction to the cartoon and I will of course bear them very carefully in mind in future."
We also wanted to let you know that Martin will be meeting with senior community representatives this week.
If you would like to discuss this further please do give me a call.
All the best
Read more on: blood libel, sunday times, The Sunday Times, and greg hands
- UKIP leadership contender Raheem Kassam is a criminal, and we can prove it
- Britain’s bright future after Brexit
- Kassam Axed: Farage’s right-hand man departs under shadow of crime allegations
- Farage urged to disown "weird" Raheem Kassam after ‘repulsive attack’ on deputy
- US all-night election party announced in central London
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.