WATCH: Al Gore put on the spot over Current TV sale to oil-backed Al Jazeera
Al Gore "understands" the criticism, but doesn't agree with it...
Readers of the Commentator will have no doubt enjoyed Peter Glover's outstanding critique of Al Gore and his hand in the sale of Current TV to oil-backed Al Jazeera.
Don't deny it; no matter how gracious, congenial and, ultimately, mature we try to be about these things, most of us enjoy a little schadenfreude when it comes to the former Vice President (though whether we can truly call it schandenfreude when he's pocketed a reported $100 million pre-tax from the deal is up for debate).
It is an 'inconvenient truth' of course -- not to mention a carbon-hardened irony -- that Gore, who has previously complained that "virtually every news and political commentary program on television is sponsored in part by oil, coal, and gas companies", happened to sell up to perhaps the embodiment of this 'Big Oil-meets-news pandemic' he so readily describes -- Al Jazeera.
But you knew that already. So take a look at how Gore reacts to these obvious criticisms when put on the spot by NBC's Matt Lauer...
Read more on: Al Gore, Current TV, Al Jazeera, and big oil
- Major incident in South London with reports of shootings and a beheading
- Saudi Arabia beheads Yemenis, displays corpses in public
- Swastika flag flies over Palestinian village
- VIDEO: BBC presenter slapped down over question of Farage's drinking and smoking habits
- MPAC Woolwich response betrays British Muslims
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
- Saudi cleric who raped and killed daughter receives small fine
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.