$1m Obama donor reckons Israel controls the US State Department
We know Bill Maher is no stranger to a spliff... but was he high when he said this?
JAMIE WEINSTEIN, EDITOR AT DAILY CALLER: Just yesterday, there was a new speech that they believe in which during the question and answer [session] at Rutgers University, Hagel claimed that the State Department was controlled by the Israeli government. Israeli foreign ministry controls the government.
DONNA BRAZILE, DEMOCRATIC STRATEGIST: You see, Bill, what they're doing is they're going after every --
BILL MAHER, HOST OF "REAL TIME" ON HBO: And it’s not?
WEINSTEIN: Well, there's two things wrong with that. One is that -- it’s, you know, kind of suggesting Israeli power is controlling things. Number two, of all the branches of the government, the State Department being the most pro-Israel branch is ridiculous.
MAHER: Based on every statement I’ve heard out of any Republican in the last two years, the Israelis are controlling our government.
WEINSTEIN: Not the State Department, that’s for sure.
(HBO's Real Time, February 15, 2013)
Read more on: Bill Maher, Israel , US State Department, and chuck hagel
- BREAKING: Cameron's massive gaffe in defence of the EU
- In 30 seconds: Why Brexit is going to win on June 23
- Why the dishonest EU Remain campaign is a busted flush
- EXCLUSIVE: EU Remain says Brexit would result in asteroid collision with London
- BREAKING: NASA confirms alien intelligence in Proxima Centauri to vaporize UK in event of Brexit
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.