The £82 Dubai pizza
Fancy a gold-leaf lobster and truffle pizza? Yeah... me neither.
I can't tell you how many times I've craved a gold-leaf lobster and truffle pizza. Really, I can't tell you.
But restaurant goers in Dubai will be able to sate such cravings now with the introduction of the £82 pizza which runs as the second most expensive in the world - second only to Gordon Ramsey's Maze pizza, which runs at £16.66 a slice in his London restaurant.
The extravagant wood-fired, gold-leaf lobster and truffle pizza is called Astice e Tartufo and is served at the Third Avenue Café. It's Italian chef, Fabrizio Pellegrini, 34, is hardly apologetic about the steep price.
“This is a signature dish made of very expensive ingredients sourced from Europe, so it cannot be cheap. The blue lobster, for instance, is from France, not from Omani or Canadian waters. It costs Dh200 per kg and weighs 700gm. The cherry tomatoes are from Sicily, as are the truffle and asparagus. And then there’s the gold leaf.”
"It's globalisation gone mad!"
Read more on: gordon ramsey, pizza, and dubai
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Oregon woman raped after police refuse to send out response unit
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.