Now Galloway claims you have to be part of the Israel-lobby to be the UK's Middle East minister
George Galloway has insisted that being a friend of Israel is a requirement for British ministers. If only.
Galloway again. But don't worry, it's still worth reading. The insights into a man descending further and further into conspiracy and unhinged behaviour get less funny and more concerning by the day. This revelation continues that trend.
In a Westminster Hall debate in the British Parliament yesterday, Galloway began discussing how he once scored a goal at Old Trafford with the help of the government's now Middle East Minister, Alistair Burt MP. He then went on to drag Burt's affiliation with the Conservative Friends of Israel into a debate entitled, "Relations with the Arab World" - a subject that both we and Galloway himself would argue that he is an expert on. For very different reasons.
Galloway claimed, "The fact that one has to be a friend of Israel to be the Minister for the middle east speaks volumes about the absolute unwillingness on the part of the British state, the British Government and the British Parliament to face up to their responsibility to the Palestinian people".
Interesting that he says such things, when by and large the Foreign and Commonwealth Office remains staunchly Arabist in its outlook, and indeed sends millions, unchecked, to the Palestinian Authority. What's more is Galloway seems to have not taken much notice of what Mr. Burt's mandarins within his department really think of Israel and its leadership.
It is bizarre that Galloway would make such a claim when a former colleague of his from the Labour Party, Ben Bradshaw, remarked upon as, "no particular noted friend of Israel" occupied the position of Middle East Minister just a few years ago.
Galloway of course insisted, "That [being a friend of Israel] is an indispensible condition in Britain; in the 25 years I have spent in the House, and I suspect for much longer than that."
if only that were the case, Mr. Galloway. If only that were the case.
VIDEO: Galloway's unhinged appearance on BBC Question Time
Read more on: george galloway, conservative friends of israel, Arab world, and Israel
- Major incident in South London with reports of shootings and a beheading
- Saudi Arabia beheads Yemenis, displays corpses in public
- Swastika flag flies over Palestinian village
- VIDEO: BBC presenter slapped down over question of Farage's drinking and smoking habits
- VIDEOS: The Best of Galloway, May 2013
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
- Saudi cleric who raped and killed daughter receives small fine
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.