Joan Collins to attend Lady Thatcher funeral
Collins is part of an updated list released by Downing Street moments ago
TV and film star Joan Collins is part of a list of celebrities and noteworthy figures due to attend Lady Thatcher's funeral next week, The Commentator has learned.
The list released moments ago by Downing Street, includes The First Ministers of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, Falklands veterans, David Frost and Sir Trevor McDonald.
Collins was a long-standing fan and supported of Lady Thatcher and recently commented that she subconsciously "had Thatcher at the back of my mind" when playing her Dynasty character Alexis Carrington.
In an interview with the Daily Mail, Collins said in 2011, "‘I feel very pessimistic about the world, I really do. Where are the leaders? Where is our Franklin Roosevelt, or our Winston Churchill? Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan were fantastic, particularly Maggie. We haven’t got anyone like that."
Upon learning of Lady Thatcher's death, Collins remarked, “She was a great prime minister. She never gave up and never gave in … more than you can say for some.”
Earlier, Downing Street informed the public that the following figures would also be in attendance:
- All surviving former prime ministers
- All surviving former US Presidents and a Reagan family representative
- Hillary Clinton
- All surviving members of Lady Thatcher’s Cabinets
- The current Cabinet
- The Leader of Her Majesty’s Opposition
- President Manuel Barroso
- Sir Bernard and Lady Ingham
- Fredrick Forsyth CBE
- Former Prime Minister Mahathir of Malaysia
- A representative of Nelson Mandela
Some of those attending include:
- Mr & Mrs Michael Portillo
- Tony & Cherie Blair
- F.W. de Klerk
- Dame Shirley Bassey DBE
- Jeremy Clarkson
- Lord and Lady Lloyd Webber
- Lord and Lady Archer
- Lord Powell of Bayswater KCMG OBE
- Lord Carrington
- Prime Minister Harper of Canada
- Former Prime Minister Brian Mulrooney of Canada
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.