Head of Ryan Air delivers an in-your-face smackdown of Europe’s bureaucratic empire
Michael O'Leary, head of Ryan Air, delivers a brutal assessment of the EU at the Innovation Convention 2011
I’m not a big fan of the European bureaucracy. Indeed, I was semi-serious when I stated that Brussels was the “most statist place on the planet.”
Which is why I greatly enjoyed this speech by the head of Ryan Air, who ripped the bureaucrats a new you-know-what while speaking at an event sponsored by the European Union.
All the good stuff – including a great Reagan quote – is in the first 3:35, so don’t be put off by the video’s length.
Daniel J. Mitchell is a Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute, the free-market, Washington D.C. think tank. His articles are cross-posted on his blog, by agreement
Read more on: Daniel J. Mitchell, Cato Institute, Michael O'Leary, Michael O'Leary of Ryan Air slams EU, european union, european union stifling business, The European Union and democracy, The European Union Evil Empire, Ryan Air, and why the european union was destined to fail
- A personal warning over women in Islamic countries
- Boy fires imaginary bow and arrow, gets suspended
- Not again?! Will "moderate" Palestinian leader's honouring of mass murdering terrorists ever stop?
- French actor Gerard Depardieu humiliated with new role in Russian sitcom
- Why it's dangerous, opportunistic, populist tosh to reject pay rises for British MPs
- NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns
- Sunday Times blood libel cartoon, on Holocaust Memorial Day no less
- Oregon woman raped after police refuse to send out response unit
- Palestinian jailed for Facebook like
- 'Muslim Patrol' vigilantes attempt to control London streets
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.