Head of Ryan Air delivers an in-your-face smackdown of Europe’s bureaucratic empire
Michael O'Leary, head of Ryan Air, delivers a brutal assessment of the EU at the Innovation Convention 2011
I’m not a big fan of the European bureaucracy. Indeed, I was semi-serious when I stated that Brussels was the “most statist place on the planet.”
Which is why I greatly enjoyed this speech by the head of Ryan Air, who ripped the bureaucrats a new you-know-what while speaking at an event sponsored by the European Union.
All the good stuff – including a great Reagan quote – is in the first 3:35, so don’t be put off by the video’s length.
Daniel J. Mitchell is a Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute, the free-market, Washington D.C. think tank. His articles are cross-posted on his blog, by agreement
- Does socialism work? A classroom experiment
- Lanistar on course to become £1bn fintech with global expansion to European hub in Athens
- REVEALED: Claudia Lawrence ‘Mystery Man’ CCTV enhanced in cold case review
- Hackers impersonate M&S CEO Steve Rowe in £35 'free gift voucher' scam
- In Defence of Career Politicians
We are wholly dependent on the kindness of our readers for our continued work. We thank you in advance for any support you can offer.